Hello my fashionistas, today I want to talk about one of the most important annual fashion events – London Fashion Week . It’s February and thousands of lucky fashion lovers and professionals from around the globe will be making their way to London for #LFW17 to get inspiration from the new collections, to be amongst the privileged ones to see the birth of new trends and just to meet other fashion addicted individuals like you and me. I’ve been attending London Fashion Week on and off for a couple of years now and learned a few tricks of how to stay on top of the game, arrive on time to the shows (with London traffic at this time of the season can be a bit tricky) and finally enjoy yourself
First thing first – you need to apply for attending the Fashion Week by visiting London Fashion Week website , there you will be able to see a schedule of the shows to pick from, then you’ll need to put together an email to the Press Office and wait.
After you have been selected ( believe me, you do not have to be a famous fashion blogger or fashion industry professional to attend the event, if you passionate about fashion, with a strong sense of style and lots of faith sooner or later luck will smile on you) it’s time to celebrate and get ready for your trip to London, so now we are moving to must have items to take with you to London Fashion Week Shows
1. Well, first you’ll need your tickets, then fully charged camera (preferably with different lenses and spare battery), mini iPad or just an old school notebook to take some notes for your future blog posts (I get so overflowed with inspiration that I start writing as soon as I get back to your hotel room:), don’t forget your phone which is essential to take Snapchat or Instagram Stories for your followers and also Portable Chargers to charge your phone or camera ( this is by far the most useful gadget to have on the go when you suddenly realise that your battery went dead after taking thousands of pictures before the show even started)
2. Make up bag to retouch your make up: trust me, you will badly need it, after running around from show to show your make up will most likely melt (unless you’ll use Make Up For Ever face mist & fix sealer which will keep your face always looking fresh)
3. Remember, it’s London so you will need an umbrella. I would opt for these funky ones designed by Lulu Guinness . You will look so unique and flamboyant with them!
4. Business Cards . You never know who you’ll meet at the shows or even on the streets leading to the catwalks. It maybe be fellow bloggers, street style photographers or even an agent. You have to be always ready .
5. A statement bag or heels (or both). As you know, I’m a massive bag lover so for me to chose the right bag for such special occasion is a very important task as it has to be both unique and practical. I will definitely be taking my Moshino Biker Bag which ticks all the boxes (I wrote about it in my previous blog posts)
6. Don’t stress too much & take as much fun as you can. Even if you are going alone ( believe me, I’ve done it ) and you feel horrified, all your fears will disappear once you got there, I can assure you that you will enjoy every single moment and get inspired by the collections of your favourite designers soaking in the atmosphere of the place X