In the world of fragrances, where every scent tells a story, Side Story emerges as a captivating narrative woven by Muj Rana, the visionary founder. Recently, I had the privilege of attending an exclusive dinner at Japanese restaurant Kitten in Manchester hosted by Muj ( brand founder ) where influencers were treated to a sensory journey, sampling the enchanting scents and delving into the brand’s origins. In my today’s blog post we unravel the scented tales and craftsmanship that define Side Story.
For Muj Rana, the founder of Side Story, scent is more than an accessory—it’s a gateway to cherished memories. The soft, balsamic wood from his grandfather’s Indian sandalwood plantations, the very material of his childhood toys, has left an indelible mark. Today, the woody fragrance from Side Story echoes the distinctive time and place of his youth, evoking a sense of nostalgia that transcends the ordinary.
The journey of every fragrance brand begins in Grasse, Provence (region on the French Rivier) , a town renowned as the perfume capital of the world. Muj chose this enchanting location as the only legitimate place where the perfume oil could be crafted to meet the brand’s uncompromising standards. Grasse’s legacy in perfumery is the perfect canvas for the artistic expressions of Jacques Chabert, Valerie Bessone, Laurent Marrone, and Christiano Canali, the master perfumers behind Side Story.
Side Story doesn’t merely promise a fragrant experience, it offers a tactile journey of elegance. Each fragrance is carefully bottled in Italian glass, a testament to the brand’s commitment to quality and sophistication. The finishing touch is a hand-carved stone lid, sealing the essence within and adding an extra layer of luxury. The meticulous craftsmanship ensures that each bottle is not just a vessel for fragrance but a work of art in itself.
The fragrance has made a grand entrance into the fragrance world with a collection of six distinct scents, each bearing the signature touch of its creators:
- 4pm Matinee: A green, woody, and amber composition that evokes serenity and tranquility.
- Hotel Lobby: A blend of green, woods, and spice that transports you to the opulence of a grand hotel.
- Pillow Talk: A powdery, citrus, and spicy fragrance that whispers tales of intimacy and comfort.
- Road Trip: An amber, spicy, and woody concoction that captures the essence of adventure and exploration.
- Sunday Service: A floral, spicy, and woody fragrance, reminiscent of tranquil Sunday mornings.
- Third Date: A spicy, green, and floral composition that adds a touch of allure and mystery.